The Division of Nursing at Georgetown University Hospital cordially invites you to the First Annual National Nursing Patient Safety Awards Program and Educational Conference. This event is scheduled for April 14, 2011 in Washington, DC.
The aim of this event is to raise the profile of the role of nurses as it relates to patient safety and to share best practices and innovations that impact patient safety in hospitals located in the United States.
The Educational Conference
A 4-hour education conference will precede the awards presentation. This conference will include a variety of topics related to patient safety that will enhance the knowledge of attendees and better equip nurses to deliver and sustain a culture of safety in their own institution. Nurses may earn a maximum of 4 contact hours for successfully completing the program. Space is limited.
The Awards Program
A formal awards celebration will be held to honor and recognize the unique contribution of nurses in improving outcomes through the promotion of best practices in patient safety. Awards will be given for nurse-led projects in seven patient safety categories, and a grand prize winner will be selected from the individual category winners.
The awards program will include a:
- Cocktail hour with passed h'orderves
- Poster presentation of the top nominated projects in each category during the cocktail hour
- Keynote presentation by a recognized expert in patient safety advocacy
- Presentation of awards
Nurses have the opportunity to earn up to 2 contact hours viewing poster displays.
Benefits of applying for these awards are:
- Winners receive a prestigious award
- National recognition via Press Releases
- Attending the awards dinner in Washington, DC
- Attending a lecture from a leading safety expert.
- All abstracts will be published in a national compendium of Best Practices for Nursing Patient Safety
- Winners receives a free copy of the compendium
- Each category winner receives $1000
- Grand-prize winner receives $5000
RN, MSN, CCNS, CCRN
October, 2010 - March 1, 2011
Call for abstracts
Extended! March 1, 2011
Deadline for abstract submission
Review of abstracts; Selection of award nominees
March 15, 2011
Notification of award nominees
March 31, 2011
Deadline for registration
April 14, 2011
Awards Program and Educational Conference in Washington, DC